We RECOMMEND using semantic versioning as described below and described in the spirit of Semantic Versioning 2.0.0 described at: Semantic Versioning 2.0.0
4th Earth RAW Specifications (represented by 4th Earth RAW and 4th Earth RAW: Vanilla) SHOULD be versioned as a collection of guidelines and guardrails. Individual mechanics (represented by the individual concepts in 4th Earth RAW: Sprinkles) SHOULD be versioned separately.
- A release MAY represent a single change or a collection of changes. For example, if you make multiple MAJOR changes, one or more MINOR changes, and a PATCH change, you MAY choose to only increment the MAJOR number by 1.
- For zero-major releases, any changes that would result in incrementing the MAJOR version, the MINOR version MUST be incremented instead.
- When a requirement in a specification or mechanic is made more restrictive, the MAJOR version number MUST be incremented by 1. When a new MUST requirement is introduced, the MAJOR version MUST be incremented by 1.
- When a requirement in a specification is made less restrictive, the MINOR version MUST be incremented by 1. When a new SHOULD or MAY requirement is introduced, the MINOR version MUST be incremented by 1.
- Any changes that do not substantially alter the specification or mechanic SHOULD result in the PATCH version number being incremented by 1; this MAY including correcting typos or clarifying language while maintaining the intent.